Monday, October 17, 2005

Eating Mexican: Taxco


Well, actually I didn't eat much in Taxco. To be really honest, I don't think I ate anything in this buzzing former silver town high up the winding mountain roads. I was still stuffed after the very tasty and substantial late lunch at Hacienda San Gabriel de las Palmas. But if I had been hungry, I may have been intrigued by this establishment.

Maybe next time:)

But Taxco itself comes highly recommended. It's a charming former staging-post on the royal road to the port of Acapulco, and it's known for its magnificent baroque Santa Prisca church (with its golden interior) and red-roofed whitewashed houses:

1 comment:

Pille said...

Mickya - thanks for popping by, and I'm glad you like my blog! Seems like my feta, tomato and rocket gratin was popular - i must make it again and take a much nicer pic of it:)

Paz - thanks! I am very unsure about my pictures, especially compared with the masterpieces that many other bloggers come up with though..